- About Us
- Join CGE!
- Member Handbook
- Quick Guide to Grievances
- Grad Employee Health Coverage
- Related Labor Organizations
- AFT-OR Annual Convention
- Readings on Academic Labor
- Readings on Union History and the Labor Movement
- The Grad Employee Labor Movement
- CGE’s Grad Guide to Corvallis
- SEVIS Reimbursement
- Workload Hour Tracker
Update: The full ERB ruling can be found at cge6069.org/erb.pdf. Check it out. It’s a pretty interesting read.
On Friday, January 4th, the Oregon Employment Relations Board ruled in opposition to the objections posed by Oregon State University and declared that all graduate teaching and research assistants are public employees with the right to unionize! In the coming weeks, an election will be held to reconfirm our choice to unionize.
Last Spring, a significant majority of unrepresented grads indicated their desire to be represented by CGE by signing orange authorization cards. Now, almost one year later, we must once again demonstrate that support! We will be talking to new and veteran grads to confirm their commitment to vote yes when the time comes. This is a vital next step! Only after we win this election will be be able to bargain with the collective strength of 1700 as we work to improve working and living conditions for us all!
An election calendar with more details will be released in the coming days. Stay tuned for more information and ways you can support the campaign!
President, CGE, AFT Local 6069
Social List Signup
Talk to your union cousins about parties, sporting events, classes, etc.
- Final Bargaining Summary July 9, 2018
- What is the Janus Decision and Why It Matters June 28, 2018
- Photos to Share on Social Media June 20, 2018
- OSU Management Playing Hardball: We Need Members’ Help June 6, 2018
- Summary of OSU’s Latest Bargaining Proposal June 1, 2018
- ► 2018
- ► 2017
- ► 2016
- ► 2015
- ► 2014
- ► 2013
- ► 2012
- ► 2011
- ► 2010
- ► 2009
- ► 2008
- ► 2007