- About Us
- Join CGE!
The bargaining team is very, very happy to announce that we’ve reached a tentative agreement with the university today for a contract for the next two years. Click here for a PDF of the tentative agreement.
We will hold a contract ratification meeting, starting at 5:30 pm on Thursday, Nov. 4, in the large meeting room in the Westminster House (where our office is), where the bargaining team will discuss the details of the agreement and field questions from the membership. Please plan to attend this meeting to make sure you are informed of all the changes the CGE bargaining team agreed on. While it is not mandatory, this is as close as it gets, since voting to approve the contract is the thing you can do that has the single biggest impact.
The ratification vote will commence after discussion of the agreement and will remain open until 7:30 pm in the CGE office. There will also be an open voting period in the CGE office from 9:30 am through 5:00 pm on Friday, Nov. 5, for those who are unable to attend the ratification meeting. All current full members in good standing are eligible to vote on this agreement. The results of the ratification vote will be announced shortly after voting closes on Nov. 5.
Here are the highlights of the agreement:
– We have retained the $300 per term differential for everyone. Combined with lower fees, this is a net gain for everyone. For Engineers, this is a very large net gain.
– Starting Fall 2011, the minimum salary will increase from $2811 per month at 1.0 FTE to $3000 per month at 1.0 FTE.
– Raises upon reappointment of 3% this year and next for everyone making below the Graduate School’s recommended minimum of $3543 per month at 1.0 FTE.
– Maintenance of the costs and benefits of health insurance.
– Better language that should help with overwork and distribution of work hours.
– New language on hiring for certain positions.
– We will drop all outstanding grievances and split any outstanding arbitrator’s fees.
– Changes in how fair-share dues are administered for non-members.
Overall, we managed to see some gains on fees for everyone and slightly higher stipends for lower-paid grad employees. We’ll be in touch soon with more details, including those about contract ratification, but if you want to know more today, the bargaining team can be found at Bombs Away starting around 5:45 PM.
The bargaining team would like to extend their sincere thanks to all of you who have supported us throughout this process. We would not have achieved the deal we did without your involvement.
You can contact us at email@example.com with questions.
Social List Signup
Talk to your union cousins about parties, sporting events, classes, etc.
- OSU GRADUATE EMPLOYEES CONTINUE TO RISE! January 9, 2018
- Tax Bill Phone Banking December 11, 2017
- Welcome our New VP of Social Justice! November 29, 2017
- Resources against Tax Bill November 26, 2017
- New Executive Council Position- VP Of Social Justice! October 31, 2017
- ► 2018
- ► 2017
- ► 2016
- ► 2015
- ► 2014
- ► 2013
- ► 2012
- ► 2011
- ► 2010
- ► 2009
- ► 2008
- ► 2007