- About Us
- Join CGE!
Steward Council Meeting 11/7/2017
• We heard about potential grievances in Crops & Soil Science as well as Speech Communication. We will continue to work on these matters and take needed next steps as they are decided.
• We gave an update on the pending Tax Bill in the House of Representatives sponsored by the Republican Party. Among other provisions, this bill will consider tuition waivers taxable income making all of our members poorer overnight. A working committee was approved by the Stewards to develop an plan of action for our union. If any Stewards that were not able to attend are interested in participating in this committee, email Alex Riccio at firstname.lastname@example.org
• We discussed a proposal to develop a committee of Steward Liaisons/Coordinators. After much discussion the Stewards approved the creation of this committee pending a number of revisions to the original proposal. A document of the proposal with the recommended amendments will be shared with all Stewards by Friday, November 10 and a form will be created to allow Stewards to weigh in on the modified proposal and approve it. This form will be available until December 1, at which point every Steward will have been able to weigh in on the proposal and make adjustments to meet our council’s satisfaction.
• We gave an update on a Hardship Loan given to our members earlier in the term. Our Business Manager was able to process this loan with counsel from our AFT Accountant. At an earlier Steward Council meeting the Stewards had considered creating a program for Hardship Loans. This discussion will be continued, and until then Stewards are asked to consider the following: what should be the cap on loans, what criteria should be met for a loan to be given, how would a person be eligible for a loan, and what is the length of time for repayment on a loan?
• We announced two openings on our Executive Council: VP of Social Justice and External Relations Chair. The Executive Council will make appointments for these two positions based on candidates that come forward. If you, or others in our union you know, are interested in serving either of these positions please contact Alex Riccio at email@example.com
• We also had a few upcoming events:
o Nov. 9 from 7-10 at Chintimini Senior Center we are hosting CGE Trivia Night! with emcee Thomas Morril. Open to all members and guests.
o Nov. 16 7pm “Solidarity Matters with David Barsamian” Westminster House, open to all. David Barsamian is the host of Alternative Radio and has co-authored books with Noam Chomsky, Tariq Ali, Arundhati Roy, Vandana Shiva, Edward Said, and many more.
• Nov. 18 7-10pm “8th Annual CGE Brew Off!” Odd Fellows Hall. $15 admissions, all proceeds to the Linn Benton Food Share. This is an annual event where homebrewers compete for the best beer decided by an expert panel and our patrons. Live music by Mons La Hire and Dennis Monroe. 21+
If there are items that were not detailed in these meetings please bring them forward and this document will be revised.
Social List Signup
Talk to your union cousins about parties, sporting events, classes, etc.
- Our VP of Social Justice, Micknai Arefaine, on Local Radio! March 30, 2018
- Winter Bargaining Summary March 30, 2018
- Salary and Benefits Proposal, Session 7, March 15, 2018 March 19, 2018
- Minimum Enrollment for Employees and International Women’s Day- Session 6, March 8, 2018 March 12, 2018
- First Proposal on Hourly and Feedback on CGE Proposals- Session 5, March 1, 2018 March 5, 2018
- ► 2018
- ► 2017
- ► 2016
- ► 2015
- ► 2014
- ► 2013
- ► 2012
- ► 2011
- ► 2010
- ► 2009
- ► 2008
- ► 2007