- About Us
- Join CGE!
- Member Handbook
- Quick Guide to Grievances
- Grad Employee Health Coverage
- Related Labor Organizations
- AFT-OR Annual Convention
- Readings on Academic Labor
- Readings on Union History and the Labor Movement
- The Grad Employee Labor Movement
- CGE’s Grad Guide to Corvallis
- SEVIS Reimbursement
- Workload Hour Tracker
After more than one year of fighting through the grievance and arbitration process over the $34 Summer Session Tuition Base Grievance, CGE has agreed to a settlement with OSU over the matter.
Under the terms of the negotiated settlement, OSU will reimburse all members of the CGE bargaining unit who were wrongfully charged the $34 Summer Session Tuition Base for the 2008 Summer Session. Those employees who are still students at OSU will be reimbursed through a credit to your student accounts. Employees who were wrongfully charged the $34 but who are no longer at OSU will also be reimbursed. CGE currently has scheduled a meeting with OSU for July 29th to determine the mechanism by which former employees will be reimbursed.
We see this settlement as a victory for CGE. As far as we know, this is the first time in CGE’s history in which a grievance has resulted in members being reimbursed for a fee they were wrongly charged.
Unfortunately, as many of you may have noticed, the $34 charge has not disappeared from your bills in the 2009 Summer Session. CGE is aware of this and working on formulating an appopriate response in light of the settlement.
Social List Signup
Talk to your union cousins about parties, sporting events, classes, etc.
- Final Bargaining Summary July 9, 2018
- What is the Janus Decision and Why It Matters June 28, 2018
- Photos to Share on Social Media June 20, 2018
- OSU Management Playing Hardball: We Need Members’ Help June 6, 2018
- Summary of OSU’s Latest Bargaining Proposal June 1, 2018
- ► 2018
- ► 2017
- ► 2016
- ► 2015
- ► 2014
- ► 2013
- ► 2012
- ► 2011
- ► 2010
- ► 2009
- ► 2008
- ► 2007