- About Us
- Join CGE!
After more than one year of fighting through the grievance and arbitration process over the $34 Summer Session Tuition Base Grievance, CGE has agreed to a settlement with OSU over the matter.
Under the terms of the negotiated settlement, OSU will reimburse all members of the CGE bargaining unit who were wrongfully charged the $34 Summer Session Tuition Base for the 2008 Summer Session. Those employees who are still students at OSU will be reimbursed through a credit to your student accounts. Employees who were wrongfully charged the $34 but who are no longer at OSU will also be reimbursed. CGE currently has scheduled a meeting with OSU for July 29th to determine the mechanism by which former employees will be reimbursed.
We see this settlement as a victory for CGE. As far as we know, this is the first time in CGE’s history in which a grievance has resulted in members being reimbursed for a fee they were wrongly charged.
Unfortunately, as many of you may have noticed, the $34 charge has not disappeared from your bills in the 2009 Summer Session. CGE is aware of this and working on formulating an appopriate response in light of the settlement.
Social List Signup
Talk to your union cousins about parties, sporting events, classes, etc.
- Our VP of Social Justice, Micknai Arefaine, on Local Radio! March 30, 2018
- Winter Bargaining Summary March 30, 2018
- Salary and Benefits Proposal, Session 7, March 15, 2018 March 19, 2018
- Minimum Enrollment for Employees and International Women’s Day- Session 6, March 8, 2018 March 12, 2018
- First Proposal on Hourly and Feedback on CGE Proposals- Session 5, March 1, 2018 March 5, 2018
- ► 2018
- ► 2017
- ► 2016
- ► 2015
- ► 2014
- ► 2013
- ► 2012
- ► 2011
- ► 2010
- ► 2009
- ► 2008
- ► 2007