- About Us
- Join CGE!
- Member Handbook
- Quick Guide to Grievances
- Grad Employee Health Coverage
- Related Labor Organizations
- AFT-OR Annual Convention
- Readings on Academic Labor
- Readings on Union History and the Labor Movement
- The Grad Employee Labor Movement
- CGE’s Grad Guide to Corvallis
- SEVIS Reimbursement
- Workload Hour Tracker
Session 0: Ground Rules are Set!
We met on Thursday, March 6 with the University’s bargaining team to establish the ground rules that will govern table negotiations. We agreed to abide by the principles of Interest Based Bargaining (IBB), a process we’ve used in bargaining for the last few years. We mostly adopted the same ground rules we’ve used for the last few rounds of bargaining, a complete list of which can be found here.
Most significantly, we’ve set dates for the first few bargaining sessions. We’ll be meeting to bargain:
Thursday, March 13th 12-2pm
Thursday, March 20th, 1-3pm
Thursday, March 27th, 12-2pm
Since this is a reopener, OSU and CGE are contractually entitled to open 4 articles each, in addition to any opened “by consultation”. If you’re not sure what that means, it’s a great chance for you to drag out the contract for a thorough perusal (wink wink). During the first session—this Thursday—both teams will lay out the issues/articles they intend to negotiate. Be there to support the bargaining team and see what potential changes are coming to your contract!
Social List Signup
Talk to your union cousins about parties, sporting events, classes, etc.
- Final Bargaining Summary July 9, 2018
- What is the Janus Decision and Why It Matters June 28, 2018
- Photos to Share on Social Media June 20, 2018
- OSU Management Playing Hardball: We Need Members’ Help June 6, 2018
- Summary of OSU’s Latest Bargaining Proposal June 1, 2018
- ► 2018
- ► 2017
- ► 2016
- ► 2015
- ► 2014
- ► 2013
- ► 2012
- ► 2011
- ► 2010
- ► 2009
- ► 2008
- ► 2007