- About Us
The Grad Employee Labor Movement
CGE is a small part of a national movement to make universities across the US better places for grads to work and learn.
As part of that movement, we are affiliated with two networks of graduate employee labor unions.
The Alliance of Graduate Employee Locals (AGEL) includes all of the graduate employee union locals in the American Federation of Teachers and participating non-affiliated organizations dedicated to unionizing graduate employees. In 1995, this alliance formed with the mission of advancing the rights and unionization efforts of graduate employees at colleges and universities nationwide.
The Coalition of Graduate Employee Locals (CGEU) is an association of graduate employee unions from throughout the United States and Canada. In addition to AFT grad unions, CGEU also includes grad unions affiliated with UAW, UNITE HERE, CWA, CUPE and other national unions.
CGE sends delegates to conferences hosted by both AGEL and CGEU. These conferences give CGE members the chance to engage in the larger graduate employee labor movement and to develop skills to better serve CGE members in bargaining, organizing, and grievance representation.
Below is a list of some other schools with unions involved in the movement.
Social List Signup
Get announcements (or make your own) about get-togethers, sporting events, rooms for rent, rides to Portland, etc. from your union sisters and brothers.
CGE Event Calendar
December 2013 » M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Events on January 7, 2014January 7, 2014Steward Council MeetingJanuary 7, 2014, 6:00 pm - 7:30 pmEvents on January 30, 2014January 30, 2014General Membership MeetingJanuary 30, 2014, 5:30 pm - 7:30 pmEvents on February 5, 2014February 5, 2014Social - Badminton pickup gameFebruary 5, 2014, 6:00 pm - 9:00 pmEvents on February 11, 2014February 11, 2014
- bromley on Tentative Agreement Reached; Ratification Vote Planned
- Kevin Weitemier on Tentative Agreement Reached; Ratification Vote Planned
- Gloria O'Brien on FAQ on SEIU
- bromley on Session 19
- Shari Walton on Session 19