- About Us
The Grad Employee Labor Movement
CGE is a small part of a national movement to make universities across the US better places for grads to work and learn.
As part of that movement, we are affiliated with two networks of graduate employee labor unions.
The Alliance of Graduate Employee Locals (AGEL) includes all of the graduate employee union locals in the American Federation of Teachers and participating non-affiliated organizations dedicated to unionizing graduate employees. In 1995, this alliance formed with the mission of advancing the rights and unionization efforts of graduate employees at colleges and universities nationwide.
The Coalition of Graduate Employee Locals (CGEU) is an association of graduate employee unions from throughout the United States and Canada. In addition to AFT grad unions, CGEU also includes grad unions affiliated with UAW, UNITE HERE, CWA, CUPE and other national unions.
CGE sends delegates to conferences hosted by both AGEL and CGEU. These conferences give CGE members the chance to engage in the larger graduate employee labor movement and to develop skills to better serve CGE members in bargaining, organizing, and grievance representation.
Below is a list of some other schools with unions involved in the movement.
Social List Signup
Talk to your union cousins about parties, sporting events, classes, etc.
- Letter Denouncing AFL-CIO’s Support of the Dakota Access Pipeline February 19, 2017
- Letter to Ed Ray Requesting Action in Response to Immigration Executive Order February 19, 2017
- SNAP Benefits Presentation January 26, 2017
- CGE Calls on AFL-CIO to Withdraw Support of Dakota Access Pipeline October 27, 2016
- Summary of Contract Changes from 2016 Bargaining October 6, 2016
- ► 2017
- ► 2016
- ► 2015
- ► 2014
- ► 2013
- ► 2012
- ► 2011
- ► 2010
- ► 2009
- ► 2008
- ► 2007