- About Us
- Join CGE!
- Member Handbook
- Quick Guide to Grievances
- Grad Employee Health Coverage
- Related Labor Organizations
- AFT-OR Annual Convention
- Readings on Academic Labor
- Readings on Union History and the Labor Movement
- The Grad Employee Labor Movement
- CGE’s Grad Guide to Corvallis
- SEVIS Reimbursement
- Workload Hour Tracker
Grad Employee Health Coverage
Information on the OSU grad employee health plan can be found on the website of the OSU Insurance Office. You can also download the summary of coverage booklet for the both the medical/vision plan and dental plan below.
OSU Insurance Office
OSU Student Insurance Office is located in room 110 of the Plageman Student Health Center. They can be reached during normal business hours at (541) 737-7568. Their website is at: http://studenthealth.oregonstate.edu/insurance.
Post-Grad School Insurance
Below is a list of insurance options to help you stay covered after your assistantship ends. More information is available on the OSU Insurance Office’s website.
- COBRA: When your appointment ends you are eligible for insurance coverage through COBRA for a period of 18 months. Your coverage will still be with PacificSource and will be the same policy that you had with your assistantship. The only difference will be who is paying the premium. You will be responsible for 100% of the premium instead of paying the 15% you are paying now. The cost per month for self only coverage is about $290.87 a month. This premium will be paid directly to Manley Administration by the student. To begin coverage through COBRA it is necessary to fill out a notification form. These forms can be found at the OSU Student Insurance Office or on their web site. This form needs to be turned in to the student insurance office within 30 days of the assistantship ending.
- Portability Insurance: This is an insurance plan provided by PacificSource for previous enrollees of their group plan. When PacificSource terminates your coverage they will send you information regarding this. This information will include coverage options and cost of premiums. This plan is not administered by OSU. You will sign up and pay for your premiums directly with PacificSource.
- OSU Domestic/International Plan: This is the student insurance available for every student at Oregon State University. Open enrollment occurs at the beginning of every term and forms and information are available in the Student Insurance Office.
- Temporary Insurance: This is insurance that is designed to be purchased on a short term basis, usually from 1 month to 160 days. Examples of this type of insurance are Regence InterM or Assurant Health Plan.
Social List Signup
Talk to your union cousins about parties, sporting events, classes, etc.
- Spring Bargaining Session, April 16 2018 May 1, 2018
- Our VP of Social Justice, Micknai Arefaine, on Local Radio! March 30, 2018
- Winter Bargaining Summary March 30, 2018
- Salary and Benefits Proposal, Session 7, March 15, 2018 March 19, 2018
- Minimum Enrollment for Employees and International Women’s Day- Session 6, March 8, 2018 March 12, 2018
- ► 2018
- ► 2017
- ► 2016
- ► 2015
- ► 2014
- ► 2013
- ► 2012
- ► 2011
- ► 2010
- ► 2009
- ► 2008
- ► 2007