- About Us
- Join CGE!
- Member Handbook
- Quick Guide to Grievances
- Grad Employee Health Coverage
- Related Labor Organizations
- AFT-OR Annual Convention
- Readings on Academic Labor
- Readings on Union History and the Labor Movement
- The Grad Employee Labor Movement
- CGE’s Grad Guide to Corvallis
- SEVIS Reimbursement
- Workload Hour Tracker
The Executive Council
The CGE EC is the elected body that is entrusted to carry out the business of the union as dictated by the members. All EC members are expected to attend and participate in regular EC meetings (weekly during the academic year, less frequently during breaks), check in and respond over email when decisions need to be made that way, and participate in all the regular business that keeps the union running. This includes participating in quarterly membership drives, helping deliver short orientations to all incoming graduate students at the beginning of the academic year, attending AFT-Oregon Convention in April, and attending the annual planning retreat in the summer. The EC works directly with CGE’s Staff Organizer and Business Manager to ensure that the daily tasks that keep the union going are completed. The time commitment varies over the year and by officer position, but in general, EC members should anticipate spending several hours a week on CGE related activities. For more information on specific officer responsibilities, see here.
Executive Council Elections
Officers are elected annually at the Spring General Membership Meeting (GMM), and terms currently run for one year beginning July 1. Any member with at least 3 months’ membership in good standing in the union is eligible to hold office.
Any member may nominate any other member for office. Nominations will be accepted from the floor of the GMM on April 26th, online submission, or in writing to email@example.com before 4PM on April 25th. Elections will be electronic and open from April 26th-May 10th.
Social List Signup
Talk to your union cousins about parties, sporting events, classes, etc.
- Final Bargaining Summary July 9, 2018
- What is the Janus Decision and Why It Matters June 28, 2018
- Photos to Share on Social Media June 20, 2018
- OSU Management Playing Hardball: We Need Members’ Help June 6, 2018
- Summary of OSU’s Latest Bargaining Proposal June 1, 2018
- ► 2018
- ► 2017
- ► 2016
- ► 2015
- ► 2014
- ► 2013
- ► 2012
- ► 2011
- ► 2010
- ► 2009
- ► 2008
- ► 2007