- About Us
What Action Was Taken?
On February 3rd, CGE President Thomas Morrill sent a letter (full text here) to President Ed Ray calling on the University to take a few concrete steps to protect members of the OSU community impacted by the executive order on immigration and refugees. The letter was drafted by members of the Iranian Student Association, the majority of whom are graduate employees represented by CGE.
Why Did We Take Action?
The ability of dozens of CGE members to maintain their employment was directly affected by the threat to their immigration status. The ideology surrounding the executive order also threatened the ability of affected members to receive fair and equitable treatment in the workplace, especially regarding their continued ability to work on federally funded projects.
What Resources Were Involved?
Money: $0.49 on a stamp
Time: ~3 hours of paid staff time devoted to helping organize the letter writing and editing
Disagree? Let us know here.
Social List Signup
Talk to your union cousins about parties, sporting events, classes, etc.
- CGE is Hiring an Organizer! April 6, 2017
- Proposed Resolutions to the 2017 AFT-Oregon Convention March 28, 2017
- Letter Denouncing AFL-CIO’s Support of the Dakota Access Pipeline February 19, 2017
- Letter to Ed Ray Requesting Action in Response to Immigration Executive Order February 19, 2017
- SNAP Benefits Presentation January 26, 2017
- ► 2017
- ► 2016
- ► 2015
- ► 2014
- ► 2013
- ► 2012
- ► 2011
- ► 2010
- ► 2009
- ► 2008
- ► 2007