- About Us
- Join CGE!
- Member Handbook
- Quick Guide to Grievances
- Grad Employee Health Coverage
- Related Labor Organizations
- AFT-OR Annual Convention
- Readings on Academic Labor
- Readings on Union History and the Labor Movement
- The Grad Employee Labor Movement
- CGE’s Grad Guide to Corvallis
- SEVIS Reimbursement
- Workload Hour Tracker
Our union is committed to ensuring access to medical care for all of our graduate employees. Following this commitment, we submitted language to OSU which will codify language that our health care providers meet standards set by WPATH to guarantee services and access for graduate employees who are transgender.
We also proposed changes in the review and waiver process regarding health insurance for needed improvements to the implementation and roll-out of our insurance plans. Notably, members have expressed frustrations over the inability to opt-out of health insurance when they are already insured with comparable coverage, and we will continue to figure out ways to improve this process.
OSU opened conversations on hourly work assignments, expressing a desire to learn more about the topic to ensure we can move forward with proposed changes that will be to our members’ and OSU’s benefit. Both parties agreed it is premature at this point to make any concrete proposals on the topic until more communication occurs.
In related bargaining news, our VP of Bargaining and Grievances, Hazel Daniels, was interviewed on local radio discussing our bargaining platform and other CGE news! Check it out: LabourWave Corvallis Radio
Social List Signup
Talk to your union cousins about parties, sporting events, classes, etc.
- Final Bargaining Summary July 9, 2018
- What is the Janus Decision and Why It Matters June 28, 2018
- Photos to Share on Social Media June 20, 2018
- OSU Management Playing Hardball: We Need Members’ Help June 6, 2018
- Summary of OSU’s Latest Bargaining Proposal June 1, 2018
- ► 2018
- ► 2017
- ► 2016
- ► 2015
- ► 2014
- ► 2013
- ► 2012
- ► 2011
- ► 2010
- ► 2009
- ► 2008
- ► 2007