- About Us
- Join CGE!
- Member Handbook
- Quick Guide to Grievances
- Grad Employee Health Coverage
- Related Labor Organizations
- AFT-OR Annual Convention
- Readings on Academic Labor
- Readings on Union History and the Labor Movement
- The Grad Employee Labor Movement
- CGE’s Grad Guide to Corvallis
- SEVIS Reimbursement
- Workload Hour Tracker
Today, the seven-member Grievance Review Committee met to review the facts surrounding our grievance over the $34 summer session tuition base charge that was levied on our members this summer. For those unfamiliar with this grievance, more information can be found here.
After hearing our case for the grievance and what we expect to be the OSU administration’s case, the GRC voted unanimously to send the grievance to arbitration, pending the administration’s response at step 3 of our grievance process, for which the deadline is Feb. 2. CGE has notified the administration of the GRC’s vote, and we have informed them that we are willing to discuss a settlement to this grievance outside of the arbitration process.
If our efforts to settle with the administration fail, however, this will be the first grievance CGE has ever taken to arbitration. Should that become necessary, we are confident that we will prevail based on the strength of our case.
Social List Signup
Talk to your union cousins about parties, sporting events, classes, etc.
- Final Bargaining Summary July 9, 2018
- What is the Janus Decision and Why It Matters June 28, 2018
- Photos to Share on Social Media June 20, 2018
- OSU Management Playing Hardball: We Need Members’ Help June 6, 2018
- Summary of OSU’s Latest Bargaining Proposal June 1, 2018
- ► 2018
- ► 2017
- ► 2016
- ► 2015
- ► 2014
- ► 2013
- ► 2012
- ► 2011
- ► 2010
- ► 2009
- ► 2008
- ► 2007