- About Us
- Join CGE!
- Member Handbook
- Quick Guide to Grievances
- Grad Employee Health Coverage
- Related Labor Organizations
- AFT-OR Annual Convention
- Readings on Academic Labor
- Readings on Union History and the Labor Movement
- The Grad Employee Labor Movement
- CGE’s Grad Guide to Corvallis
- SEVIS Reimbursement
- Workload Hour Tracker
CGE held the first General Membership Meeting of the year on Thursday, October 24th. Over 90 members showed up to eat dinner together and help direct the union’s business. We received updates from each Executive Council person on membership, bargaining, the budget, communications, and more. More importantly, we received a lot of member feedback on issues that we may consider in bargaining, such as the current health care plan and the appropriate role that year-long appointments may play. Members Michelle Jennings and Elsa Gustavson were also recognized and thanked for their efforts at the beginning of fall terms for participating in orientations and office visits.
You’ll want to watch for reminders for the Winter GMM, but go ahead and put the date on your calendar now: Thursday, January 30th. Once again, we’ll be gathering at the Corvallis Senior Center (just a few blocks north of campus on 26th & Tyler) for dinner and discussion. Each year at the winter GMM we elect delegates to represent CGE at the annual AFT-OR convention in April, so be sure and turn out for that! Any member in good standing can be a delegate.
The GMMs, held once per term, are the main way that CGE communicates directly to members about the state of our union. It’s another way that members can help direct our goals and path forward. Democracy works better when everyone participates!
Social List Signup
Talk to your union cousins about parties, sporting events, classes, etc.
- Final Bargaining Summary July 9, 2018
- What is the Janus Decision and Why It Matters June 28, 2018
- Photos to Share on Social Media June 20, 2018
- OSU Management Playing Hardball: We Need Members’ Help June 6, 2018
- Summary of OSU’s Latest Bargaining Proposal June 1, 2018
- ► 2018
- ► 2017
- ► 2016
- ► 2015
- ► 2014
- ► 2013
- ► 2012
- ► 2011
- ► 2010
- ► 2009
- ► 2008
- ► 2007