CGE Housing Board

housing_icon

Welcome to the CGE housing board, where we try to connect CGEers looking for someone to live with to each other.

We are moving the board to Facebook in Fall 2017.

If you’re in an established housing situation and you’re looking for someone to fill a vacancy, post a little about the vacancy in the Facebook group. Provide pictures if you can!

If you’re looking yourself to fill a vacancy in an already-established housing situation, browse through the most recent vacancies posted below or in the Facebook group. Or, if you can’t find what you’re looking for there, post a little about yourself and what kind of housing situation you’re looking for.

In any case, don’t forget to leave some sort of contact info so folks know how to get in touch with you.

555 Responses to CGE Housing Board

1. Sophie says:

Hi everyone,

I’m about to start a postdoc the College of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at OSU and am looking for a room/studio/shared house or apartment to rent in walking or cycling distance from OSU. I’ll be arriving on 1st Nov.
    I’m 29 years old, outdoorsy, love climbing, surfing, hiking etc and enjoy cooking. I’m clean and tidy, easy to get on with, and happy living with cats and dogs.
    Let me know if you have a spare room or know anyone who may do.

Thanks,
    Sophie
    sophie.wilmes@gmail.com

2. Michael Weinerman says:

Hi Everybody,
    I’m a PhD student in Applied Economics and I’m beginning my 3rd year at OSU. I currently live in Ashland, but will be in Corvallis during the week (M-F) during winter term 2017 (01/09/17 – 03/24/17). I’m a quiet, clean, 33 year-old, married male. Please let me know if you have a spare room/bed for this term and/or would like to know anymore details about me or my situation.

Best regards,
    Michael Weinerman
    weinermm@oregonstate.edu
    651-263-0084

3. Corey Pierce says:

Hello all,

I am a PhD student in Epidemiology at OSU. During the school year I have been living in Corvallis Monday/Tuesday through Thursday/Friday and have been going back to Portland Thursday/Friday Through Monday/Tuesday.

I am hoping to find a room for the 3-4 nights I will need to be in Corvallis.

I am male, 30, clean, and love to cook. I just want a chill person or persons (male or female) who is/are relatively clean and respectful. While I am in town, I would want the place to be study friendly. You can have the place to yourself for the rest of the time and be as loud as you want during the weekend!

This could be an GREAT SITUATION if:
    -you have an extra room or space
    -you want to save some money on rent and bills
    -you want a part time roommate
    -you like roommates to cook for you!

I am willing to pay a fair price (a prorated amount hopefully) depending on location, space available, amenities, ect. If you are interested shoot me an email.

-Kind Regards,
    Corey Pierce
    541-288-3534

4. Carey Donald says:

Hi, I have two rooms available immediately in my 3-bedroom house. See the link here for more info: http://corvallis.craigslist.org/roo/5789115134.html

Thanks,
    Carey
    205-410-0675

5. Mackenzie says:

Hey all,

I am subletting my furnished one-bedroom apartment for 3 weeks (September 30th to October 19th). Rent is $425.00 + 20.00 for utilities and 30.00 for wifi. The apartment is downtown in an older building, but it’s a top-floor unit with lots of light and it’s only a 8-minute bike ride/20 minute walk to campus. If you’re interested, please send me an email at smitmac2@oregonstate.edu. Thanks!

-Mackenzie

6. Jenny Thomas says:

Hello! I am looking for someone to fill a room in a 2-bedroom, 1-bath duplex. Rent is $425 each, plus half of utilities. There is a $225 security deposit. House is a 4-minute bike ride from campus and is near the north town co-op. There is a small garage for storing gear and toys. There is a clothes washer and a dryer. Rooms are a good size, and there is a small backyard.

I am a 35 yr old graduate student in physical oceanography. I like to surf, trail run, hike, and do yoga. I am a musician, and will practice trumpet, guitar, and singing in my room sometimes.

Room will become available in early October or November. Lease is month-to-month, but I have lived here for 4 years, with two different roommates during that time. Please contact me for more information if you are interested. This is a great place to call home.

Cheers,
    Jenny
    jennythomas413@gmail.com
    757-358-5355

7. Alexandra Buylova says:

Greetings,

There is a room available in a 5-bedroom apartment near Avery Park (South co-op is almost right across the street) starting October but accommodations can be made to move the date earlier. Quite location and 10-15 min bike ride to campus. All roommates are graduate students in humanities. Apartment is spacious, there is a garage, and each bedroom has its own bathroom. Rent is $480 a month plus utilities. All other amenities are present at the house. If interested please contact me at 208-317-1624. Thank you!

8. Edward Louie says:

I have a room available in my apartment open from now until September 24 or 25 and another bedroom open starting in October. I am sure I can house you during the week in between. The apartment is brand new, completed in September 2015, with each bedroom having its own private full bathroom. Rent is 480 a month plus utilities. The location is near Avery Park so it is close enough to walk and super fast to bike to campus. Give me a call at 503-961-3652.

9. Greta says:

My boyfriend and I are looking for a 3-4 bedroom house to share with 1 to 2 cool people. We have a cat named Lola.

We like to bike, climb, and cook.

10. Annalise Miller says:

Hello!

My roommate and I have a three bedroom, one bath house near campus. We’re both Mechanical Engineering Grads, and our third member was recently offered a position and decided to defer grad school. We’re looking for someone to fill her spot.
    Rent is $550 a month and includes all utilities. Please email at millanna@oregonstate.edu!

Thanks,
    Annalise and Mick

11. Shangjia Dong says:

Hi,

My current roommate graduated, so I am looking for a roommate in a two-bedroom apartment.

I am looking for a roommate that could move in after September 10th. The place locates in SW 7th St (10min-ish walk to campus). It is walk/bike distance (10min) to campus. It is close to downtown, and also close to Safeway to do grocery. It is a 2bedroom 1 bathroom apartment. Rent is $415/month, utilities not included (electricity & internet), $300 for the deposit. The bedroom size is decent, and there is a small balcony attached to the kitchen. On-site parking is available. The neighborhood is quiet, and neighbors are all very friendly. It is a great place and I like it. One downside is, no on-site laundry room, I normally drive to the laundromat.

I am a graduate student at OSU, studying in Civil Engineering. I am pretty laid back. I hope to find someone who is outgoing, friendly, studious and financially responsible. It would be great to meet someone who could be a friend and who is responsible and be respectful to each other. This is not a party place, but I do enjoy have friends come over have food, watch movies, and get together occasionally. Not 420 friendly. No smoking. I know school can get crazy sometimes, but I would like to keep the place clean and organized, and I expect you to be the same. The place is not pet-friendly, sorry, landlord requires no pet.

If you are interested, send me an email. I will reply as soon as I can. Thanks!
    shanga.dong@gmail.com

12. Hello!

We’re looking for another graduate student to rent a private/master bedroom with a private bathroom. The house has 4 bedrooms (we are leaving one room empty as a study), laundry, a nice front yard and large back yard, a one-car driveway and easy street parking. We’re just north of the Osborn Aquatic Center with super easy access to 9th Street and Highway 20, thus quick entry to downtown and Highway 34. It’s about a 12 minute bike ride from campus. The bus will get you there in about the same time.

Your housemates:

We love camping, biking, cooking, yoga, art, reading, gardening, and small get togethers, We sleep and wake early, averaging a 9-11p bed time and 6-9a wake. We drink but do not smoke cigarettes. Landlord says no pets =(

Aimee is in her second year of school in pre-Med. She is from Portland and spends many weekends traveling home for family. Her Vietnamese cooking will make you cry tears of joy.

Jamie is beginning her third year of graduate school in Human Development and Family Studies. She is often in her room or on campus reading, writing, and otherwise tending to her degree. She drinks tea (or whiskey) all day and fantasizes about having a social life.

Mykl is about to start his first year of graduate school in Horticulture. He is likely to be very busy with that, and otherwise fills his time around the house tending plants outside and aquariums inside. Lately he is attempting to make some beautiful small terrariums for his new office space and would be more than happy to help you make one or gift one to you. His constant smiling will light up your world! Or make you a little sick if you’re the pessimistic type.

We cook many meals in-house, no current dietary restraints but are respectful of any you may have. We have a chore-wheel which helps us keep communal areas in good order. We prefer a communal household but if you want your privacy, we are happy to leave you alone. Due to schooling restraints, parties are infrequent but welcomed with the approval of all housemates. The common areas are mostly furnished but there is room to accommodate what you may wish to add.

Thank you for reading this, contact us (jaramija@oregonstate.edu) for questions and to schedule a viewing!
    We’ll see you soon =]

13. Andrew says:

Hello,

My roommate and I are looking for a third person to fill a room in our house.

Here is the craigslist post

-Andrew

14. Walshmatsler says:

I’m an OSU faculty member and we have a 4 bedroom rental house available September 1st. We’ve appreciated having graduate students in the past.

• Matthew Klein says:

Hi there I’m a MS student in Crop & Soils, do you still have rooms open? I’d like to see the place / meet the other roommates if so.

Thanks!

15. Shannon Hennessey says:

Hey all,

We are looking for a 3rd roommate in a 3 bedroom/1.5 bath house in South Corvallis.

The house is on a quiet cul-de-sac and has 2 covered porches, a nice yard with a fire pit, and space for gardening. It’s a 15 minute bike ride from OSU as well as near the Route 6 bus line, and is close to the South Corvallis Co-op, Burrito Heaven, Crystal Lake, and the Sports Park. Parking is available, as well as space for bikes. There’s a washer and dryer in the garage, and some additional storage space.

The room is 10’x10′ with a decent sized closet, and is $500/month plus utilities and a $500 security deposit. One year lease. No pets.

About us:
    I’m a second year PhD student in Integrative Biology and my roommate is starting her Master’s in Botany and Plant Pathology. We both enjoy biking, gardening, and cooking, although our main focus is school. We like to be able to come home to a relaxed living space, but also have friends over for a beer or two, or the occasional get-together.

Let me know if you’re interested and I can provide more information and photos, or answer any questions. The room is available anytime, but we are ideally looking for someone to move in by September 1 at the latest.

Thanks!

Shannon
    shannon.hennessey@oregonstate.edu
    (206)371-6407

16. Erich Merrill III says:

Hello all,

I’ve just moved in to a two-story, six-bedroom house one block north of campus that I’d like to rent to fellow graduate students. The house is 3,300 sq. ft., has a sizable backyard (with an apple and a pear tree), full kitchen and bathroom on both floors, and off-street parking for up to six cars.

Starting Sept. 1st, one room is available on the main floor for $600/mo and all three rooms in the basement are available for $550/mo each (plus an equal share of utilities for each room). No pets, but there will be a dog in the house.

I’d like to keep the house relatively quiet and calm, so that its tenants (myself included) can reasonably expect to use it as a place to study and work on their own schedules. If you’re interested or have any other questions, contact me at house@erichmerrill.com

17. Stephen Noell says:

Hey everyone,

My roommate and I are looking for a third male to share our apartment. It’s a 2 bedroom, one bathroom apartment, but very spacious. We currently have all our beds in one room and desks in the other room, so we share sleeping quarters. Total rent is $1000 a month, split between everyone, so with three of us living there, it would be $333 each a month, plus water, gas, internet, and parking, which usually add up to another $50-60 a month. The apartment is at the corner of 26th and Monroe, above the Beanery, right across from campus; it’s a bit noisy, but very easy to get to campus, downtown, and shopping. Sadly, no pets are allowed. The apartment is fully furnished – we even have an extra bed, desk, and dresser left over from a previous roommate.

Please contact me at stenoell@gmail.com if you’re interested. Lease can start whenever you want it to.

18. Patrick says:

I am a 30 year old male working towards my masters in the College of Forestry. I have a 3 year old yellow lab mix that gets along great with other dogs. He loves to play and is super friendly. I am a non-smoker, but do not care if other people do. I drink, but due to grad school, really don’t have time to party. I am not looking for a party house. I enjoy the occasional potluck and dinner with friends and roommates. I am looking for a mature, easygoing household. If this interests you, please contact me for further information and a potential meet and greet. I cannot spend more $500/month (grad school wages…).

patrick.tweedy@oregonstate.edu

19. Erin Peck says:

Hi all,

I’m looking for a third roommate to fill a $500/month plus utilities bedroom in a 3 bedroom/2 bath house in North Corvallis located less than 2 miles from campus and downtown. The start date is September 1 or earlier. Here’s a little more information:

– beautifully maintained, secluded backyard with large back porch
    – large kitchen including dishwasher and garbage disposal
    – 2 car garage plus driveway
    – tons of closet storage
    – washer/dryer
    – no pets

If interested contact me at peckerin@oregonstate.edu and I can provide pictures and more information.

Thanks,
    Erin

20. Mostafa says:

1 room available aug 01

private room
    no private bath
    laundry on site
    off-street parking

I have a room available in a two-bedroom / one bathroom apartment (2nd floor) one block away from 9th and Circle. So it’s not walking distance to campus but it’s 2 min walk from two 2 bus stops (Routes 2,4 and 5) to get to campus or downtown.
    – on-site laundry, off-street parking and paid water, sewer and garbage.
    – Electricity and internet not included, (your share for electricity will be as high as $30/month in Winter and internet $10/m)
    – your share of deposit is $300
    – No pets
    – No application fee

21. Veronica says:

Hey there,

I am a grad student in applied anthropology looking for 1 roommate to share a spacious condo with.
    The place isn’t furnished yet, but it will be by the time you move in (besides your room). It’s a lovely 3bdr/2 baths, with a spacious living room and a nice balcony that looks over the woods. I will keep the third room as a guest room. Washing machine and drier in the apartment. I don’t have pets– no dogs, cats possibly OK.

I am typically busy with school workload, but I definitely enjoy having occasional dinner parties at the house. I also love surfing, independent films, dance parties, and I am fairly often somewhere else for a short trip :) I spend summer time in Italy where I am from, and the 3week winter break in Thailand.
    It’d be awesome to share the space with another grad student, passionate about their work and life!

The place will be available from the end of August, but the move-in date is totally flexible. Your room is not furnished. It is located about 3-4 miles from OSU campus.

Feel free to ask any question, and please let me know something about you too! I will be back mid August to meet up and show the place.
    Cheers,
    Veronica

marconiv@oregonstate.edu

22. Hey everyone,

My housemates are looking to fill a vacancy in our 4 bed/2 bath house. Rent is $453/month. The bedroom is 12.5′ x 15′ with a walk in closest. There is a full basement with washer and dryer. Utilities per person range from $20 in the summer to $85 in the middle of winter. The house is older, but with a great open concept living area, hardwood floors, and build in bookcases.

You can also take a look at the craigslist ad to get an idea of the bedroom.

We are Master’s students and a PhD/university employee at OSU so we are busy and the house is often quiet, but we do like having people over for group dinners and gatherings on occasion. Let me know if you are interested!

Caroline
    330-651-4165
    cespiese@gmail.com

23. Emily says:

Hi, all –

I’m a second-year MA English student, and I have the second bedroom in my 2-bedroom / 1-bathroom apartment at Spring Creek available for the upcoming school year. The apartment is very clean, comfortable, quiet, and close to campus, the bus route, and the bike path. I have a large, sweet dog and a cat, so my roommate must be animal-friendly :) Rent is $525 plus half of internet and electric bills. Move-in date flexible.

Please contact me via email if interested: mclemore@oregonstate.edu.

Cheers,
    Emily

24. Matteo Smullin says:

I’m looking for two roommates to fill the master and second bedrooms in my house starting September 1st, or later if so desired.

Master Bedroom: Measures approximately 15×15 ft. With closet space equal to 12 sq ft. Dark blue walls, hardwood floors. Master Bed is upstairs, closet wall is shared with a second bedroom, other is with the kitchen. You have three windows, two south facing overlooking the deck and the Mary’s river. The East window overlooks the grass field behind the house and the park beyond.

Second Bedroom: Measures approximately 12×12 ft. Large amount of closet space, equal to 15 sq. ft. Dark red walls, hardwood floors. Large East facing window overlooking the backyard grass field and the park. The walls are shared, one with the neighboring Master Bedroom and behind the closet wall is the upstairs bathroom.

On-site washer and dryer. House is fully furnished. Off street parking for one vehicle per tenant. Large garage space for storage. Gas fired central heating. House in total measures approximately 1200 sq. ft., with an additional 300 square feet of unfinished living space, not including garage. 3 bed, 1.5 bath.

Within a 15-minute walk of campus coming from the South. I won’t share the home address at this time, as its simply safer that way.

Utilities included: Gas, Water & Sewer, Garbage
    Utilities excluded: Cable/Internet, Power
    No pets, sorry :(
    No smoking
    Monthly Rent: 450$ for the master bedroom, 400$ for the second bedroom

I myself am a graduate student who will be finishing up in December with my Masters in Industrial Engineering and will be moving to Portland at that time.
    If you are interested email me, and I can pass along pictures.

smullinmatteo@gmail.com
    Thanks, Matteo

25. Erin Abernethy says:

We (Sarah, Sarah, and I) are looking for a roommate to fill 1 bedroom in our 4 bedroom/ 2 bath house starting August 1st.

The house: Three bedrooms (one for the new roommate) are clustered together on one end of the house next to a regular sized bathroom, and on the other end of the house is a studio with a smaller bathroom. All roommates share our nice sized kitchen, carpeted living room, and tv/fake fireplace front room. We have a covered patio, huge garage for gear, and utility room with washer/dryer. We also have an amazing garden (food and flowers) that roommates contribute to and reap the delights from.

The roommates: Two of us are grad students at OSU (Integrative Biology and Forest Ecosystems and Society) and our third roommate (one of the Sarahs) is a nurse. We are a pretty quiet group most of the time, working a lot, doing our own things, but sometimes we cook, run, or go to country fairs together. We also occasionally throw large-ish parties (dance parties, onsey parties, outdoor movie nights).

Rent is 375 a month + about 40-80 a month for utilities (internet, power, gas). One year lease. No pets.

Please email us about coming to see the house and meeting the roommates if you’re interested in living with us.

Erin Abernethy
    efabernethy@gmail.com

26. Patrick Di Bello says:

Hey All,

My roommate is moving out July 15th and I’m looking for a replacement, as soon as possible. I’m in a 70s pet friend two bedroom 840 sq ft town house with a fenced in backyard, laundry on site, and off street parking.

I’m on the corner of 25th and Filmore, which two blocks from Fred Meyer (5 min walk) and about a 15 min walk to Cordelly (6 min bike ride). The house has furniture but the bedroom 144 square feet is unfurnished. As an added bonus the place does come with a smaller super sweet dog (May). The room rents for $400 a month if you have or want a pet, it’s an additional $15 a month.

Let me know if you or someone you know it interested.

Thanks,

Pat

patrick.dibello@oregonstate.edu

27. Nobu says:

Hi all

I’m Nobu, I’m looking for a room to stay from beginning of September. The cheaper and closer to OSU is the better.

If you have any recommendation, please text me.
    This is my contact information
    iijimafukunobu@gmail.com

28. Joy says:

Hi I want to sublease my room in a three bed room house. It’s a nice house with front and backyard near south co-op. It’s only for summer (July 21-September 21), monthly rate is 500+utility (around 100). You won’t have any roommate during the stay since all of us will be gone for field work. So this will be very ideal for someone who try to finish up in the summer term. Time for move in and out is negotiable. Please text me if you need more information. Thanks. 541-979-64OO

29. Bri Goodwin says:

Two bedrooms (with a shared bath) available mid-July in a great house (lease starting July 15-22). The house is near 14th and Circle (about a 10 minute bike ride to campus). It has a huge kitchen and backyard. There is a double garage that can fit lots of bikes and gear and has a washer and dryer. All common areas will be fully furnished, though there is room for more.

Each room is $575/mo plus utilities. There is also a $575 deposit. The property manager requires a $35 application fee (but you’d only apply with them once we decide to live together).

About me: I work full time at OSU. In my free time, I like reading, cooking, and being outside (camping, biking, exploring, etc.). I like my home to be clean/picked up and a clean kitchen is especially important. I’m looking for a cooperative, yet independent household. It would be great to have some roommate dinners!

I have a wonderful 8 year old weimaraner-poodle mix named Bella. She’s low shedding and really low key in the house (she likes to lounge on the couch). Outside of the house, she is an adventure dog and loves mountain biking, hiking, and exploring.

Pets: No cats. A very well behaved dog (preferably low shedding) will be considered if it gets along with my dog.

If you’re interested, email me with a bit of info about yourself and what you’re looking for in a home.

Thanks,
    Bri
    goodwin.briana@gmail.com

30. Lanelle says:

Hi,

I rent a nice 4 bedroom house on a quiet street near 17th and Garfield.(about 10 min bike ride to campus, and 1 block from bus stop to campus.) Beautiful secluded backyard and patio. We have chickens and raised garden beds. Two cats and no more pets allowed. I work full time as a researcher in Biochemistry and there is a 17 year-old student who works and goes to school. Nice-sized bedroom for you. Hardwood floors throughout and brand new kitchen and bathroom flooring. The extra bedroom is used for art space. $575 + utils. Avail in July – Feel free to call me or email and come see the place. :)
    Thanks, Lanelle

connolll@oregonstate.edu
    541-602-2054

31. Jess Kuonen says:

Hi all,
    We have 1 bedroom available in a 4-bedroom/2 bathroom house, $550/mo + utilities. Great location close to campus. Current housemates are 3 female grad students at OSU (MRM & Forestry). One year lease, month to month after that. Nice backyard, space to garden, washer/dryer, garage, sweet kitchen. Nice landlord, owns home. Available July 1st.
    Thanks!
    Jess
    kuonenj@oregonstate.edu

32. Tom Palley says:

Hello!

If you are looking for a last minute place for July or August then you’re in luck! I have a single bedroom at the Union Apartments, a pretty new apartment complex just 2 blocks from campus! The kitchen, washer, and dryer is currently shared with 2 other students (and everyone has their own bedroom). Internet is included. Rent is normally about $650 a month but I’m happy to give you my lease for just $500 for July and or $500 for August. It’s in a great location and is just seconds from campus.

Let me know if you are interested! I can be reached at palleyt@oregonstate.edu

33. Kevin says:

Hi All,

I am a graduate student in the Soil Science program at OSU and I am looking to move into a place for the coming year. Ideally, I would be able to move in on or about September 1st as that is when my current lease ends. Anything cheap, and nothing over $650 a month including utilities is my price range.

I can be reached at my email: kevinmhesson@gmail.com or my cell, 908-410-1761

34. Cameron Shenassa says:

Hey there,

My name is Cameron. I’m in incoming grad student in the English program. I’m looking for an affordable room ($400-500? I’m not very familiar with the housing market in Corvallis so I’m open to suggestions) anywhere in the area and I can move in whenever. Please contact me at 847-899-4046 or camshenassa@gmail.com if you have a place that might fit.

A bit about me:
    I’m 25, from Chicago.
    I like cooking for whoever’s around.
    I’m into biking and tennis.
    Morning person.

-Cameron

35. Rachana says:

Hi all!
    Both my roommate and I are graduate students in the English department at OSU. We’re looking for a place available in September (around the beginning of it but no later than September 10th) that has 2 bedrooms with rent and utilities at $1,100 or less.
    If you or anyone you know is moving out around then, please let us know! You can contact me at sonr@oregonstate.edu.

Thank you!

36. Shauna Otto says:

I’m looking for someone to take over my lease on my 2 bed 1 bath apartment starting July 1st. Our place is out in Albany, but the commute isn’t too bad and the apartment is gloriously huge (1000 sq feet) for the price ($790 + 55 for utilities). It’s pet friendly (dogs or cats) and in a quiet complex.

We love the apartment, but we’re expecting a baby in September and needed to find a place with W/D hookups.

Here’s the Craigslist post with details/pictures, but if you have any questions feel free to e-mail me!

Thanks
    Shauna
    ottos@oregonstate.edu
    562-505-6292 (text only, please!)

37. Lauren says:

Hello,

I am a third year Environmental Engineering grad student and we are looking for a third roommate. Our house is right by campus and we are asking for $420 per month for a room. We have a washer and dryer and the house is fully furnished. Please email me at crandonl@oregonstate.edu for details.
    Thanks!

38. Joe Donovan says:

Hey all,

Anyone looking for a last minute summer sublet? My one bedroom in a two bedroom apartment will be available for sublet in July and August. The rent is $511 mo. + utilities, but I’m reducing the price to $411 mo. + utilities because I want to find the right person to fill my spot. This is a one bedroom in a two bedroom apartment at Witham Hill. It’s a great spot, and I have really great roommate who will be traveling for a majority of the summer.

Checkout my craigslist post, and don’t hesitate to email/call/text for information.

39. Alexander Rose says:

Hi!

I’m reposting this because I’m still looking for a third housemate:

40. Kelsey Kean says:

Hi,

I am a 4th year PhD student in Biochemistry and Biophysics. My current roommate is just finishing his Masters and graduating next weekend so I am looking for a new roommate.

I live in a 2 bedroom, 1.5 bath house with washer and dryer. There is a small third bedroom that we currently use as an office and for extra storage. There is a small, fenced backyard and a nice front yard with a carport with storage space. We’re in a quiet, mostly residential neighborhood about a 10 minute bike ride from campus.

About me: I spend most of my time working (as is true for most grad students) but go to Portland for concerts every once in a while and, especially in the summer, like to go hiking on the weekends. I have a Brittany spaniel mix named Rudy who is well cared for. He loves people and is very relaxed and sweet and spends most of his time sleeping on the couch.
    So basically my only requirement for a new roommate is they must love dogs :)

My current roommate is moving out at the end of June so it would be ideal to have someone start renting in July with a new lease starting in August. Rent is $697.50 with ~$100/month in utilities.

Let me know if you’re interested or would like more information!

Kelsey
    keank@oregonstate.edu

41. Alex says:

Hi! Incoming CS graduate student looking for a place to live.

About me:
    • Substance-free, laid-back
    • Love to exercise, game, try new things, Salsa dance (you can bet I’ll try to drag you to the dance group on campus!)
    • No pets
    • Very clean
    • I’ve almost maxed my Runescape account, and I’ve never botted
    • Arriving in September (willing to start paying in July/August, but prefer not to)

Looking for a clean house close to campus (preferably near KEC).

Contact me at 563-209-6534!

• Alex says:

Clarification: by “no pets”, I simply mean that I don’t have any. I’d be fine living with a well-behaved one!

• Alexander Rose says:

Hi Alex,

I just sent you a text, but I’ll post here as well. My friend and I are looking for a third housemate to fill a large room in a house only a few blocks from campus (see my ad above). Are you interested?

Thanks,
        Xander

42. Isaac says:

Hi folks,

My housemates and I have an opening in the historic Taylor House in downtown Corvallis starting July 1. This is a four bedroom, one bathroom gothic farmhouse built with huge rooms and lots of natural light. We are an eco-friendly home with a large garden looking for a rad grad student or post-doc who shares our values (or at least is good at pretending like they do).

Please see our little CL ad for more details: http://corvallis.craigslist.org/roo/5616845855.html

Our house is about a mile from campus and rent is $400/month plus utilities. We have a raspberry patch and a wood-burning stove for cozy times in the winter. The room coming open is large (approximately 170 sq.ft.) with two large windows.

Last year we had some incoming grads start paying rent July 1 but didn’t move in until August/Sept. We are open to that arrangement again if you are looking for peace of mind prior to starting school.

If you are interested, please send an email to isaacsandlin@gmail.com telling us about yourself and we can set up an interview.

Cheers,

Isaac

43. Samara says:

Hi, my housemates and I (all grad students) are looking to fill one room starting sometime between June 15th and July 1st. The house has 4 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, and is in-between campus and downtown in a relatively quiet neighborhood. We all share a kitchen, living/dining room, and basement (for storage). The house also has a washer/dryer and we all split utilities equally (avg. ~$75/mo). Rent is $450. Sorry, no pets are allowed. Feel free to email me at samara.haver@oregonstate.edu for more info.

44. Carson Lillard says:

Hi there,
    My name is Carson and I will be attending OSU in the fall as a grad student in Zoology and I am looking for other female roommates! I would prefer a price range somewhere between $400-$700. Was interested in the Timberhill Apartments but open to houses as well. I have a small Australian Shepherd named Josey ,who is cool with other animals, and I have a frog named Jabba.
    My hobbies include anything outdoors (hiking, backpacking, fly fishing,etc) and I love animals.

Text or email me if you are interested!
    Carson Lillard
    423-715-6041
    clillar1@vols.utk.edu

45. Andy Wilson says:

Hi!

My name is Andy Wilson – I’m an incoming Master’s student in Geography and am on the hunt for a home when I move to Corvallis this fall.

A little about me: I grew up in NC and graduated from UNC-Chapel Hill in 2014. I followed up graduation by biking across the country with an organization called Bike & Build and have been exploring the mountains of WA for the past couple of years. Some of my loves include backpacking/mountaineering, sweet potatoes,
    crossword puzzles, bluegrass/folksy tunes, and the occasional cooking experiments.

I’m hoping to keep rent to around $600/month. Storage space would be beneficial too as I am slowly accumulating climbing/backpacking things. I’m looking to move in late August or early September. I’m not too picky when it comes to roommates, but it would be sweet to have roommates with some overlapping interests. Dogs are also a big plus!

Feel free to email (andycwilson88@gmail.com) or text me (704-906-5965) if you or someone you know will have a room becoming available around September 1st and think I would be a solid fit!

-Andy

• Annalise Miller says:

Hey Andy,

Are you still looking for a place? We have a three bedroom, one bath house near campus. There are currently two of us, both Mechanical Engineering Grads. Rent is $550 a month and includes all utilities. Let us know if you’re interested, and we can set up a time for you to come check out the place!

Thanks,
      Annalise and Mick

46. Shane A.Scaggs says:

Hello,

I am an incoming MA student of Anthropology looking for housing beginning in August or September. I would prefer to pay something in the region of $500-600 for rent and utilities. I have one dog, a mixed breed approximately 40 pounds that is very friendly with all animals she has encountered (cats, reptiles, birds).

I am an out of state student and will be in Corvallis this upcoming weekend (May 28-30) as well as the week of June 13-19. Feel free to contact me and leave a message if I do not answer. 208-571-5946.

• Carson Lillard says:

Hi Shane. I am looking for a roommate as well. Cool with apartment or houses as long as it allows pets. I have one small Aussie named Josey who is cool with other dogs.
      Text me if you are interested!
      423-715-6041

47. Karyna Cutting says:

Hello,

I am an incoming MPH student and am currently looking for housing/roommates for September. I am willing to pay about $500 per month in rent as well as split utilities. I am open to a house or apartment.

I like to keep a clean living space and my hobbies include reading, drawing, and going to the gym. I consider myself very academically focused. I love cats and dogs, but will not be bringing any pets myself. If you are looking for a roommate and think I would be a good fit, please feel free to contact me at cuttingkaryna@gmail.com or text me at 503-383-4744. Thanks!

• Lauren Crandon says:

Hi Karyna,

My roommate and I are looking for a third roommate. We have a house right by campus and our third bedroom is kind of small but we are asking $420 per month and splitting utilities. We have a yard and parking, washer and dryer. I am a third year engineering grad student and she is a second year English MA student. We are quiet and the house is fully furnished! Email me if you are interested
      crandonl@oregonstate.edu

48. Taylor says:

Hi!

I’m an incoming MFA student and I’m looking for a house/apartment for Sept. 1, 2016, or around then.
    I would ideally like a one bedroom duplex or house with hard wood floors, yard and/or porch, and laundry on site. Willing to pay up to $1,000 a month for the right space. I’m also open to a roommate, provided it’s the right fit. I also have two lovable cats. I have a car, but would love to be able to walk/bike to OSU. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Email me at tgrieshober@gmail.com.

49. Alexander Rose says:

Hi, I’m looking for a third housemate starting in July. The place is just three blocks from campus. Rent is $500 for a large room. The house has two bathrooms, a washer and dryer, a dishwasher, and gas forced air heating. Contact me at 541-961-3148. Thanks!

50. John Rolshoven says:

Hey all,

Myself and two other roommates (both graduate students) are looking for a fellow roommate for our house on Hillside Dr., starting in June. Rent is $350 + utilities/month and no lease required. We are planning on staying until the end of August but the house would be open after that. Friendly and kind roommates and a relatively quiet house with the occasional sushi rolling party. The only warning is that our house is filled with many bikes and skis so hopefully you like the outdoors! Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks!