- About Us
- Join CGE!
Yesterday dozens of grad assistants gathered at Kerr Hall for the first step in this year’s bargaining process, delivering to the university’s representatives a formal notice of our intent to negotiate a new contract. Before delivering the notice, CGE Vice President for Collective Bargaining Joe Tyburczy (Zoology) addressed the assembled members to explain the importance of the task we are undertaking and how all of our combined efforts help to ensure success in reaching the bargaining goals set by the membership.
After Joe’s address we decided we would all go inside to deliver the notice. Our first stop was the Graduate School, and after that we went to a couple of Human Resources offices to deliver the notice to the Director of Human Resources. Finally, after our business was concluded, we retired to Bombs Away Cafe for fellowship and refreshment.
The fact that dozens of grad assistants cared enough to come help deliver this letter lets OSU know how important this contract is to us. However, this was just the first step in the process of bargaining the new contract. In order to be successful we will need to sustain and even build upon this effort by turning out grad assistants throughout the bargaining process. We look forward to seeing you at the next event!
Pictures from the event
Social List Signup
Talk to your union cousins about parties, sporting events, classes, etc.
- Our VP of Social Justice, Micknai Arefaine, on Local Radio! March 30, 2018
- Winter Bargaining Summary March 30, 2018
- Salary and Benefits Proposal, Session 7, March 15, 2018 March 19, 2018
- Minimum Enrollment for Employees and International Women’s Day- Session 6, March 8, 2018 March 12, 2018
- First Proposal on Hourly and Feedback on CGE Proposals- Session 5, March 1, 2018 March 5, 2018
- ► 2018
- ► 2017
- ► 2016
- ► 2015
- ► 2014
- ► 2013
- ► 2012
- ► 2011
- ► 2010
- ► 2009
- ► 2008
- ► 2007