- About Us
- Recognize All
Fellow graduate employees,
In a historic election, the Coalition of Graduate Employees was overwhelmingly chosen as the union representative for graduate research and teaching assistants not currently represented under the collective bargaining agreement. This election nearly doubles CGE’s current bargaining unit and significantly increases the power of graduate employees on campus!
This is tremendous victory for all of us! The immediate effect of this victory will be to enter into bargaining with OSU’s administration. We want to make sure that all 781 graduate employees coming into the bargaining unit are covered by the terms of the current CGE contract and to deal with needs that are unique to this group of new members. In the coming weeks, CGE will be sending out a bargaining survey that will inform our bargaining team. If you are interested in becoming a member of the bargaining team, please contact our VP of Collective Bargaining and Grievances, Danny Ritter, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is obviously a huge victory that was not achieved by a small handful of people. Hundreds of graduate employees made this happen. Whether you simply had a short conversation with your lab mate, kept yourself informed on the campaign, or volunteered your time–everyone made a difference in this campaign.
Thank you for all the contributions you made throughout the duration of this campaign!
President, CGE, AFT Local 6069
Social List Signup
Get announcements (or make your own) about get-togethers, sporting events, rooms for rent, rides to Portland, etc. from your union sisters and brothers.
CGE Event Calendar
May 2013 » M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23Events on May 23, 2013
- May 23, 2013Bargaining SessionStarts:May 23, 2013 - 9:00 amEnds: May 23, 2013 - 11:00 amLocation:Westminster HouseDescription: Join us for bargaining to help us move the process along! Come late, leave early, and bring work/grading, as needed.
24 25 26 27 28Events on May 28, 2013
- May 28, 2013EC MeetingsStarts:May 28, 2013 - 10:00 amEnds: May 28, 2013 - 12:00 pm
29 30Events on May 30, 2013
- May 30, 2013Bargaining SessionStarts:May 30, 2013 - 9:00 amEnds: May 30, 2013 - 11:00 amLocation:Westminster HouseDescription: Join us for bargaining to help us move the process along! Come late, leave early, and bring work/grading, as needed.
- Events on May 21, 2013May 21, 2013EC MeetingsMay 21, 2013, 10:00 am - 12:00 pmEvents on May 21, 2013May 21, 2013CGE Trivia NightMay 21, 2013, 7:00 pm - 9:00 pmEvents on May 23, 2013May 23, 2013Bargaining SessionMay 23, 2013, 9:00 am - 11:00 amEvents on May 28, 2013May 28, 2013
- Katie Stofer on Shocking but not upsetting
- bromley on Bargaining Session 2: We’re Already Fans of Interest Based Bargaining (IBB)
- Michelle on Bargaining Session 2: We’re Already Fans of Interest Based Bargaining (IBB)
- Ashley Bromley on First Bargaining Session, CGE’s Platform, and Ground Rules
- Julie on Interest Based Bargaining