Attendance: Emory Colvin, Kali Doten, Hazel Daniels, Micknai Arefeine, Mohammad Pakravan, Alex Riccio, Jess Keune, Azadeh Ghanizadeh, Rodolfo Palma (for the first few minutes)

Meeting began: 5:49PM

 

  • Slack approvals

 

      • Approved Bargaining Blast AME (3/14/18)
      • Approved $25 for MELT Strategic Planning Session (3/26/18)
      • Approved Bargaining Summary Blast AME (4/1/18)
      • Approved Food Expense for Steward Council Meeting (4/9/18)

 

  • Meeting Approvals

 

    • EC Meeting Minutes 3/12/18
    • AME & physical copy during office visits: Bargaining petition
    • MOP Budget ($200 per month for 2 MOP’s) to MELT
    • Release EC nominations at Spring GMM to kick off voting
    • AME: Holocaust Remembrance Week
  • Spring Strategic Plan:
    • Goals: 1.) 100 (trained and active) Stewards Elected for Next Year; 2.) 80% membership by June (290 added members); 3.) Get a Contract that Accomplishes our RISE Platform (Real Compensation, International Student Support, Safety in our Campus and Community, and Equitable Health and Child Care blog summary of our bargaining here: http://cge6069.org/winter-bargaining-summary/) 4.) Increase Member Participation through Caucuses/Committees 5.) Launch Housing Campaign
      • Week 1: Craft a Member Petition for RISE, prepare for office visits blitzes, draft a script for stewards doing office visits (all accomplished)
      • Week 2: Start Petition and Office Visits Blitzes, easy departments first. Every ask is to sign a petition (and become a member for those non-members). Prepare Stewards with Role Play during SC meeting.
      • Week 3: Blitz, focus on priority departments (Chemistry, EECS, MIME, Public Health). Also develop plan with Chemistry to contest existing power dynamics (to be worked on continually)
      • Week 4: Blitz (focus on priority departments)
    • Goals update: Submitted majority of proposals in bargaining, crafted a petition, Bargaining Team meetings are every other Tuesday from 4-5 and all members are invited *published online as well; 62 Steward Nominations, 30 Accepted 8 Declined, leaving 24 remaining nominations so about halfway to our Steward Goal.
    • Petition Approval: The Stewards are prepared with the information already in their agenda that there will be a petition circulating throughout Office Visits. EC needs to approve drafted language of said petition, and also plan to draft an AME to blast the petition out to the entire membership during our Office Visits (likely it makes sense to have this AME go out after the Steward Council meeting tomorrow, so then Wednesday morning). Plus 1s needed, here’s the draft  https://tinyurl.com/y7gvzsla
  • AFT-OR Convention Update
    • Delegate list has been sent to AFT-OR (we are currently 18 delegates)
    • 7 rooms at the Hilton were booked (~$2705.45)
      • Perhaps one of the hotel rooms at the Hilton will suffice for caucus room?
      • 19 people with Alex will be tight, but maybe it will work for an hour or so? Communicate this with GTFF?
    • Robert’s Rules of Order Training will take place:
      • 19th of April 12:00 to 13:00 at Westminster
      • 25th of April 17:00 to 18:00 at Black Cultural Center
  • MOP:    We will have a second MOP this term: Azadeh Ghanizadeh
    • The EC needs to officially approve the budget of $100 / month for each MOP ($200 / month total this term) — charge to MELT.
  • Upcoming Elections:
    • Have EC and SC nominations been confirmed? One nomination confirmed for every EC position except VP Communications. There are still nominations that have not declined or accepted, including for VP Comms. Roughly 30 stewards have confirmed.
    • At least 10 people have been nominated for the EC. We need to make sure the incoming candidates are aware of what they are in for and are willing to serve.
    • Recording of votes for the election:
      • Once the election is held electronically, we need to save a record of the results for our archives. This is important for member questions but also has legal ramifications in certain situations.
    • Release nominations at GMM to kick off voting.
  • Holocaust Remembrance Week
    • CGE is co-hosting a candlelight vigil with WestM. We want to encourage folks to show up Tuesday and Wednesday, then we will be responsible Thursday for getting everything set up and taken down. It’s from 11-1pm at the MU quad. Who is available to assist?
      • Emory can’t set up, but can be there by noon; Micki can help during the later half of the event; Kali can help as well.
      • Reach out to the SC.
      • A message to be sent out to CGE membership is currently being developed for an AME: approved
  • Future events:
    • Ed Ray Meeting: Scheduled for June 8th 14:00 in Kerr.
    • Spring BBQ:
      • Shelter at Avery Park has been booked with appropriate permits
      • The event is published on our online calendar for the entire term cge6069.org/connect/calendar)
      • Book the face painter?
      • Music?
      • Reserve beer/cider
      • Hard Alcohol: TBD; the SC is deciding on Tuesday (4/10/18)
    • Strategic Retreat:
      • Are we interested in renting a house on the beach again?
      • Any other ideas or thoughts about this?
      • Find an economic and time-efficient balance (while still being well-attended). Apparently in the past, meetings held in Corvallis were poorly or partly attended. The ocean called people to it and the distance kept people there the entire time…
    • Steward Retreat 2018:
      • I remember having feedback that not as many Stewards as would like to could attend because of the distance and time commitment. If there are 100 stewards next year, I think it would be better to have a training on campus to keep costs at a reasonable level and to get the maximum participation.
      • Ask SC about timing and location of the retreat.
    • Brew-Off 2018:
      • If we are going to do a fundraiser (brew-off, chili-off, soup-off or something else), we need to decide and book the Odd Fellows Hall.
      • Send this topic to the Steward Communications folks
  • Radical Imagination Debrief:
    • Just general thoughts and feelings about how the conference went.
    • The conference was well attended and the sessions were all great. Strong interest in attending the event again next year too.
  • Publishing EC Meeting Minutes/Social List Moderation:
    • This hasn’t been done in quite a while (…years). Discuss a plan for keeping the uploads up to date and having accountability.
      • Upload EC meeting minutes starting this term – Kali
    • The Social List moderation has sometimes created a disadvantage for members who wish to promote an event or other time-sensitive matter as the notifications for messages sent to the list are spotty at best (often notifications are never received). If someone isn’t checking regularly (like every day at a minimum and realistically every few hours) some social messages don’t get approved in time for their purpose. Because of this, does it seem appropriate to lift the moderation filter on the social list, or do folks want to continue to moderate all social messages?
      • Removing social list from moderation
  • EC Social Next Week:
    • 5:30 on Monday. Proposal to consider: we all get together and make everyone’s favorite foods. We can begin arriving around 5:30ish, and if a few of us can commit to cooking together we can make a few different dishes that will be able to cover everyone’s favorite food dishes.
      • Bargaining is from 4-6pm and is next week
      • Potential ideas this term: karaoke, MU bowling alley
      • Alternative plan: game night after bargaining

 

Meeting adjourned: 7:17 PM

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>